International Journal of Anarchism
ifa-Solidaritet - folkebladet - © ISSN 0800-0220 - electronic issues ISSN 1890-9485 since 2009 - no 1 (43) editor H. Fagerhus
Bulletin of the Anarchist International
Anarchist policy is the main issues - marginals are for the Communists
1. In general persons, groups, collectives and actions 1. claiming to be, 2. using anarchist flags or symbols, 3. calling itself anarchist or 4. similar, must a) not only have a front against economical plutarchy/capitalism, but also a front against statism: in general front against x-archy, where x can be anything but not 'an', and especially and most important be and act against ochlarchy (mob rule broadly defined); see system theory and the introduction at anarchist links, and b) be actively for anarchy and the libertarian - freedom and real democracy and clearly opposed to all forms of marxism, fascism and liberalism, especially and most important be and act against marxism, see IWW why; to c) be acknowledged and recognized as anarchist/libertarian and be affiliated, associated and/or be members of The Anarchist International - AI/IFA and relevant sections. And 1. of course respect the general decisions of the International Anarchist Congresses updated, reported by The Anarchist International Information Service, and 2. try to contribute to further improvement of anarchist research and practice within the framework of the basic anarchist principles, see system theory, principles and practice and real democracy, and 3. in this connection it is important to avoid reinventing 'the wheel' again and again!
2. As many marxists are against capitalism as well as (according to marxist theory, the capitalist) state, rethoric against "capitalism and state" does not qualify to be anarchist. As many liberalists are against the state and government (wrongly confused with public sector) and for (liberalist interpreted) economic freedom (an important part of socialism from anarchist perspective and interpretation), rethoric against "state and for economic freedom" does not qualify to be anarchist. As several neonazi/fascist groups call themselves anarcho-nationalists or libertarian (freiheitliches), anarchist and libertarian rethoric does not qualify to be anarchist. Such persons, groups and actions are never located in the Anarchist Quadrant on the Economical Political Map and in reality, despite of their (quasi-) libertarian/anarchist rhetoric, and are thus not anarchist or libertarian.
3. Thus, to be acknowledged and recognized as anarchist/libertarian as well as to be affiliated, associated and/or be members of The Anarchist International - AI/IFA and relevant sections, wannabe anarchist persons, groups, collectives and actions must first prove to be anarchist in a reasonable way, see above, to get seriously into consideration. As a mimimum one must show a reasonable understanding of the Basic course of anarchism/anarchy and other -isms. But any person or group - anarchist or other, can of course be subscriber to the IJA/AI-newsletters, and thus in this way be connected to the anarchist network, join in actions, dialog and discussions, etc. according to anarchist conditions. But any person or group will 1. if claiming to be anarchist or similar, and 2. if significant breaking the anarchist Oslo Convention, get 3. a Brown Card and thus be expulsed from the anarchist movement publicly.
4. The general fight for more socialism and autonomy and thus increased libertarian degree [= 100% - the authoritarian degree] of the social, i.e. economical & political/administrative systems of whole countries, is the central issue of AI/IFA and its sections, not policy of marginals, sectarian marginalized groups and marginal policy.
5. 1. Sectarian marginalized groups and marginal policy are in general of little interesert to the anarchist movement, and are often connected to marxist -- especially communist -- ochlarchists and ochlarchy, the quite opposite of anarchist & anarchists, anarchy & anarchism and the libertarian. Remember also sectarian marginalized marxian -- especially communist -- groups, collectives and occupants/occupations and squatters, often sail under false anarchist flags when making chaos & ochlarchy including criminal activities, to (falsely) put the blame on the anarchist movement. By sectarian marginalized groups, also called marginals, we mean groups (and persons) considered to be at the outer limit, as of social and political acceptability, i.e. on the edge of society and in general extremists.
5. 2. Such groups usually have no significant 1. popular support & membership, and 2. influence on main stream policy and the general tendency and devolopment of society. The economical and political/administrative actions of the marginals are thus in general futile, and really a waste of time. Such political groups are in many ways quite similar to small and marginalized religious sects, fanatic and very active, but in general out of touch with reality and all in vain. Typical marginals are small sects of Communists, be it council, soviet, maoist, trotskyite, (Che) guevaraist, leninist, stalinist, lubbeist, titoist, "anarchist" or "libertarian", "anarcho-marxist" (oxymoron), "autonomous", platformist, pacifist, terrorist, anti-imperialist, anti-capitalist, vanguard, occupant, and similar, all in all significant statist and in general ochlarchist, included criminal.
5. 3. One such group is the marxist & communist Antifaschistische Aktion, AFA - a leftwing extremist organization founded in 1932 by the German Communist Party. AFA (a.k.a. Antifa) of today is newer and international, but similar brown & red shit with the old wrapping/name, and together with the marxist & communist "autonomous" Blitz-collective (with an AFA-group) in Oslo, are typical examples of such sectarian marginalized groups and "autonomous" collectives & occupants/occupations and squatters, that often sail under false anarchist flags when making chaos & ochlarchy including criminal activites, to (falsely) put the blame on the anarchist movement. It is of course important for the anarchists (the real ones) to reveal and unmask such dirty marxist commie-tricks, i.e. provocateurs. Some false 'anarchists' and provocateurs are also linked up, commented and denounced by anarchists at Some external links.
5. 4. Another typical example was at the anti-cuts march in London 26.03.2011. About 500,000 people attended the march and rally in central London against public spending cuts. The main march passed off peacefully. But marxist communist splinter groups attacked shops and banks, and a stand-off with police took place in Piccadilly. There were many arrests. As usual the extremist marxists, e.g. the trotskyite Socialist Workers Party (SWP), were sailing under false anarchist flags when acting criminal ochlarchist, to try falsely put the blame on anarchists. Ochlarchist youths acting as Lenin's useful idiots in such connections may also be mentioned, see Brown Card to Blitz/AFA & IS & RU and Preamble to IAT-APT.
5. 5. The same dirty marxist tricks are happening world wide, e.g. by members of the International Socialist Tendency, included SWP, Internasjonale Sosialister (IS) in Norway, similar in Germany, etc., see Brown Card to Blitz/AFA & IS & RU. The International Anarchist Tribunal - IAT-APT handed out Brown Cards according to the Oslo Convention to the extremist marxists, e.g. Socialist Workers Party (trotskyite), sailing under false anarchist flags when acting criminal ochlarchist, and these "anarchists" are thus expulsed from the anarchist movement. More information see Freedom Online. In general so called autonomous collectives and groups and many similar groups have got Brown Cards from the International Anarchist Tribunal - IAT-APT, see International Branch, especially the article of autonomous collectives and groups, and they are thus expulsed from the anarchist movement. Such groups and collectives also often try to infiltrate the real anarchist movement and as mentioned act as provocateurs.
6. Anarchy and anarchism, briefly defined, mean a societal system with relatively small rank and income differences, plus optimal order and efficiency: Significant influence on the decisions from the people, seen as a class in contrast to the superiors in rank and/or income, and upwards, i.e. real democracy, and not the other way around. Anarchism and anarchy are based on possession, in the meaning of owned, in a rightful, non-criminal, non-statist and non-capitalist way, and thus consistent with relatively small rank and income differences plus efficiency and optimal order. To put it short, property/capitalism/economical plutarchy is theft, and theft is property/capitalism/economical plutarchy, from anarchist point of view. Anarchists are of course against theft and ochlarchy in general.
7. The anarchism in the three anarchies of today, i.e. social-individualist anarchist countries and economic-political systems, Norway & The Swiss Confederation, see IJA 1 (37) and Iceland, see Anarchism in Iceland, is established via the usual way, a general struggle by the people for more socialism and autonomy, making a megatrend in libertarian direction in each country. The people here seen as a class as opposed to the superiors economically and/or political/administrative, i.e. in income and/or rank. Within this framework we shall of course not forget people who have it most difficult. The anarchist federations/sections in these countries represent junctions vis-a-vis these megatrends and popular struggles, as a part of the people. The aim is in general velvet revolution and revolutionary change, i.e. a significant change in a system's coordinates on the economic-political map and in reality -- in libertarian direction.
8. The anarchists' main strategy is direct action, and the anarchists should not create a sectarian political party, but within largers campaigns for less authoritarian-degree, the anarchists should participate in progressive popular movements, i.e. research and education, internet-networks, cooperatives, feminist, green/environmental, labor confederations, and direct actions with significant momementum, and give them as much as possible a libertarian approach. The anarchists should also introduce election boycotts against the most authoritarian parties, and support and also join the relatively most libertarian parties in a way that gives as much as possible libertarian political influence. Libertarian is the same as anarchist, anarchism and anarchy, i.e. socialism and autonomy, significant.
9. This is the way to do it, the normal anarchist way, the usual road to anarchy, i.e. significant freedom and real democracy, also in other countries. The aim is as mentioned in general velvet revolution and revolutionary change, i.e. a significant change in a system's coordinates on the economic-political map and in reality -- in libertarian direction. In rare and special cases armed revolution, supported by NATO, as in Libya 2011, is the correct strategy. Updated per 28.03.2011 this is however just an embryo-revolution, it may still be an abortion or end up in stalemate and a system similar to in Somalia. The system in Somalia seen in long term perspective is the most authoritarian in the world, with only about 20% libertarian degree, and thus the country most far from anarchy on planet Gaia.
10. Move away from sectarian marginalized groups and policy. The Anarchist International - AI/IFA and all its sections strongly urge anarchists that may be involved in sectarian marginalized groups and policy - world wide and local at congresses, meetings and actions - to stop wasting time and move away from such issues and concentrate on the main item: the general fight for more socialism and autonomy and thus increased libertarian degree [= 100% - the authoritarian degree] of the social, i.e. economical & political/administrative systems of whole countries, related to the people in general. The people here seen as a class as opposed to the superiors economically and/or political/administrative, i.e. in income and/or rank. Sectarian & marginalized groups and policy are a dead end. Anarchist policy is the main issues - marginals are for the Communists. The main issues are reflected in the main sections and actions of The Anarchist International - AI/IFA, see Anarchist Links. Join in the main issues!
Resolution, decided with general consent, by:
The International Anarchist Congress
The 12th Anarchist Biennial 24-25.11.2012
International Congress-Seminar on Anarchism
The electronic issues of the International Journal of Anarchism are updated every time there are significant more informations about the different events and cases. But unless special cases, they are not redistributed by e-mail when they are updated. Also the IAT and other pages are updated almost every day. Thus, to be updated on the news and comments about anarchy, anarchist(s) and anarchism in different connections, it is necessary to visit the AIIS-web sites every day.
Articles to IJA may be written in any language, and should be provided with an English summary. If the article is short and written in English, the summary can be omitted.
Feel free to forward this issue of IJ@ to people or organizations you think may be interested in anarchy, anarchist(s) or anarchism, but include firstname.lastname@example.org when you are forwarding, and don't use blind copies, so possible double distribution may be avoided in the long run. It's a small world.